I want to share some information I recently learned. There are reasons why people cannot lose weight. Some make the assumption if a person is overweight, they are eating too much.
Not always the case, I have found out. Most women have struggles with weight issues around the time of menopause, if not their whole life. For some it began during the teenage years and has continued.
There are fat-storing hormones and fat-burning hormones. The fat-burning hormones in the body have to be working with your body – not against it. Any of these 9 reasons could be why you have been struggling with weight issues.
- Skipping meals and letting yourself get hungry -when you skip meals, your body goes into starvation mode. It may help to eat 4-5 little meals during the day so you don’t get hungry.
- Excess sugar mixed with excess protein - Don’t eat sugary desserts right after eating protein.
- Overeating – especially refined grains and sugars - Eating refined sugars and flours are empty calories. The nutrients have been stripped away. They are the “quick fix” canned and packaged foods, best to eat live veggies, fruits, legumes.
- Consuming alcohol – Alcohol triggers insulin, thus causing weight gain.
- Consuming caffeinated drinks such as coffee or sodas
- Wrong exercise for your body type.
- Too much stress - How are you coping with the stress?
- Poor sleeping habits - Getting 8-9 hours of sleep is best - the growth hormone is triggered after you have been asleep 2-3 hours.
- Poor liver function - The liver is a major detoxifying organ because everything goes through the liver- it needs to be functioning efficiently.
These are things we can be aware of. Making changes in our lifestyle can start with one baby step at a time.
Ms. Goddard is a coach, mentor, teacher, and author on the subject of natural health and wellness and our newest guest author. Welcome Sheri we're excited to have your input!